Autonomous Crash

Danny,
I found this analysis in an older thread and was hoping that you could take a look at our logs also. We are trying to run our autonomous with a custom Tensorflow model and about 25% of the time it works and the other times it crashes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Chris

Hey Chris,

Driver Station logs are not going to help if your robot code is crashing - remember that the Driver Station is just a “dumb terminal” for interacting with the robot, we would need the logs from the Control Hub.

EDIT: It would also be helpful to show us your code that is crashing.

-Danny

Danny,
I can’t seem to respond directly to you with document links. The kids removed the RS485 cable last night (after trying different ones) and went to USB for hub connections. This seems to have improved the crashing, but they did get one crash for a hub name issue?
Chris

Hey Chris,

Yes, we’ve disabled direct messaging as a Youth Protection feature of the forums - only Admins can start direct message communications. If you don’t want to share the links publicly, I’ll message you for details.

However, it is concerning that changing out your 485 for USB solved any problems - usually I’ve heard that opposite (that 485 solves USB problems). I definitely want to see your robot logs!

-Danny

Danny,
The links are set to read only for anyone with the link. How would I get them to you since the way I am doing it doesn’t seem to work?

The kids swapped out to the USB cable after advice from another local team having similar issues had success (and also last season too).

Chris

I can’t get the driver hub file to convert to webp (I’m guessing too large).
Chris

If you can post your opmode here, either via cut and paste, or pushing it to a GitHub repo, or some other mechanism, that would be helpful.

If you do use cut and paste, please use the code formatting token three backticks surrounding the block of code in order to make it easier to read.