How to use PIDF

Hi, I’m a novice programmer. Our team is trying to use PIDF to control the motored wheels, but we don’t know how to input the parameter into the function.

3 Likes

We wrote a PIDF

3 Likes

How to input parameter into algorithm

3 Likes

Maybe we have a misunderstanding about PIDF. :upside_down_face:
We really hope that somebody could help us. Thank you!

3 Likes

Can you give me an example of what you’re hoping to get out of this? The firmware has a default PIDF profile (shown as the default values) defined when you use motor modes like “RUN_TO_POSITION”, and those PIDF coefficient blocks allow you to modify the PIDF Coefficients if you want to modify the motion profile of the PIDF. Often folks who want to use PIDF in this manner want to control the motion profile of a lifter or an arm with custom coefficients. Those who want to modify the motion profile of drivetrain motors are usually more happy with creating their own PIDF control algorithms, since you have more control over the exact speed of the motors (also personally I find the firmware is very bad at synchronizing more than 2 motors at a time, but that’s just my personal experience).

So if you have a specific “movie in your head” for what you’re hoping to get out of your use of PIDF that would help direct future responses.

-Danny