Registering for FTC Event API

Attempting to register for API access and the following message is displayed

There was a problem with your submission and it couldn't be processed. 
Detail: There was a problem processing the request, the email or username might already be in use. 
If a token was previously requested to this email, but never activated, it will take approximately three 
days before the same email address can make another request.

I have never registered the userid or the email address I am specifying. I obviously am doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve Kocik - FTC 6567

Hey Steve,

When registering for API access, both the requested username AND the email address must be unique. If you’ve never registered for a token before, it’s likely that the email address is not the issue - more likely it’s that someone else has the username that you’re requesting for the API token.

If you continue to get this problem after trying other usernames, let me know and I’ll start a direct message with you (only admins can direct message on this platform for Youth Protection reasons) and you can then share your details with me and I can look into it further.

-Danny

Danny,

Thanks for replying.

Have tried a unique userids and email addresses (actually work email which I have never used for anything FIRST related) and still having the same issue.

Steve Kocik

Direct message sent. Please check your messages.

-Danny

For everyone else - it appears that the FTC-Events API token activation system is down at the moment. Once we fix this, I’ll post another reply to this thread. However, it may take several days to resolve this.

-Danny

1 Like

@smkocik23 A change was pushed today that we think will fix the problem you were encountering. Please try again and report back here if it is still broken.

@crabigator Yes the change is working, was successfully able to register. Thank you.

Steve Kocik

1 Like