Setting up Scorekeeper with a field display laptop and a scorekeeper laptop

I am needing to set up Scorekeeper with a field display laptop and a scorekeeper laptop while using paper scoring. How do I set the field display laptop to point to or get its data from the scorekeeper laptop?

We use a WiFi network to allow our field display laptops and scorekeeper laptops to communicate with each other at events. Once the scorekeeper laptop is connected to the network, you can start the scorekeeper software and enter the IP address shown at the top of the website (e.g. 192.168.1.5) into the browser on the field display laptop. This is also how we have our referee and inspection tablets setup.

1 Like

I will second @zachs recommendation. It is advisable to use YOUR OWN scoring system network at an event - please NEVER rely on using the “available Wi-Fi” at a venue. The issue is that most venue networks (especially at schools) are set up to block communication between systems (usually for security) and so connecting devices is impossible. Get yourself a wireless router and set up your own local network - though you may need to contact IT at the venue you’re at to whitelist your network (and ensure it doesn’t conflict with venue Wi-Fi usage).

-Danny

1 Like